MARMALADE MANCHESTER GIN 20CL
Zymurgorium Manchester Marmalade Gin Featuring Duerr’s Manchester Marmalade.
Our Heroic Citrus gin collaboration coming to kick down tonsils and spark some taste buds!
Out of stock
Like a ray of bright morning sun this gin has a true citrus twang that’ll wake the senses.
Firstly we macerate our original Manchester vodka with wild juniper and balancing botanicals, we then blend in the key ingredient; the finest Manchester Marmalade crafted by the Duerr’s, the UK’s oldest family owned preserves producer. Who have been making top quality preserves since 1881! With an array of Seville oranges & exotic tangerines, Manchester marmalade has the perfect mix of classical bittersweet & delicate fine aromas.
This is then traditionally distilled where the vapour is passed over sweet seville peel to finish the flavour also leaving it with its light golden orange hue.
Aromas of fresh marmalade, with creamy, bittersweet citrus taste…
Marmalade Gin Carrot Truffles
450g light brown sugar
450ml veg oil
450g self raising flour
1tsp mixed spice
1tsp bicarbonate soda
1 tsp salt
Zest & juice of 1 orange
1 grated carrot
Handful of raisins
2 shots of Zymurgorium marmalade gin
1. Heat oven to 175 degrees
2. Pour gin and zest over raisins and heat in the microwave for 30 seconds- put to one
3. Grease and line your tin with greaseproof paper and measure out the ingredients.
4. With a hand mixer, whip the eggs and sugar until the mixture looks light and creamy.
Drizzle the veg oil into the mix a little at a time.
5. Add the grated carrot and the juice from the orange and mix together.
6. Sieve the flour, spices, bicarbonate soda and salt together, then add the flour and fold
gently until it’s fully mixed. Add the boozy raisins which will be plumper and full of
7. Pour the mix into your tin and leave to bake in the oven for 40-50 minutes.
8. Once the cake has finished baking, leave to cool and then break up into smaller pieces
in a bowl.
9. Add 2 tbsp of marmalade and a glug of Zymurgorium marmalade gin.
10. Mix until it’s like cookie dough and roll into small balls. Once the balls have been
formed, leave to freeze for an hour.
11. Whilst the cake balls are in the freezer, melt some chocolate in the microwave to coat
the balls in before putting back in the fridge to set.
The Ultimate Manchester Marmalade Gin Collins
- 50ml Zymurgorium Manchester Marmalade Gin
- 1tsp caster sugar
- 1tsp marmalade
- 25ml lemon juice
- Lemon or Lime wedge lightly crushed
- Elderflower tonic or soda
Add the gin, caster sugar, marmalade and lemon/lime juice, then top up with elderflower tonic or soda.
Once all in go give it a whirlpool finish with some crushed ice, a slice of lemon or lime, and place in an old Duerr’s Marmalade jar!
P.s. if you’re feeling slightly more romantic or consider yourself a Casanova why not add a splash of rose water with the tonic?…